As of this morning, my street is undergoing a major renovation – new road, new underground utilities infrastructure, new drainage, new curbs and sidewalks – in a project estimated by the contractor hired by the City of Harrisonville to be completed in December. All of that is an unqualified good thing for the appearance and value of my property. The only downside is that I took this photo earlier today at 7:15 a.m.
- Quote for the Day: Omar Khayyám on religious fundamentalists
- Quote for the day: Ray Charles on Jacques Brel
- Quote for the Day: Ivan Karamazov on the irreconcilable suffering of the innocent
- What I brought home from the Harvest
- Le Moribond: Of dying, infidelities and boy band covers
- Quote for the Day: La Rochefoucauld on Facebook
- Quotes for the Day: Tech N9ne and Bob Dylan on musical theater
- Quote for the Day: Walt Whitman on love and swagger
- Quote for the Day: Montaigne on the difficulty of waking young children
- Quote for the Day: Lawrence Krauss on the universe
TopicsA Moveable Feast Andrew Sullivan Avett Brothers Bob Dylan Cass County Cass County Public Library Christmas concerts Crossroads Theater Down with the Shine Drury University Ernest Hemingway Fakakakai Friedrich Nietzsche Ha'ano Ha'apai Harrisonville Herman Melville home ownership Kansas City libraries Mad Men Mark Twain Michel de Montaigne Missouri Mormonism Murder in the City Otis Redding Peace Corps Plato seperation of church and state Springfield Stoicism Stoic philosophy Stoic themes in music Sylvie Thanksgiving The Atlantic The Perfect Space The Republic Tiny Desk Concert Tonga Wendy When the Deal Goes Down William Shakespeare
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.